Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bithday Candles Singapore

Quito - Panama

After a rather boring game, we wanted to go to the Centro Historico of Quito. to get a taxi was an impossibility, and so we took an express bus yet. Unfortunately, this was after about half way down, are all the passengers had to disembark. Unfortunately, the following buses are all packed and so we decided to go eat and watch the first half of Brazil, Ivory Coast there. During the break we looked for a taxi but then what we should bring more to our original goal. Fabio Hug and wanted to look at even the second half of the game, while Lueku, bag and I looked a bit in the old town of Quito. The Centro Historico is built on a hill and when one goes up a little, you can look over large parts of the Old Town. After we had gone up a long stairway in the neighborhood (and you could see the almost 3,000 feet breathe when sizeable) and the great basilica had visited, we went to a market and I finally bought new shoes because the old ones for some time were broken and I had thrown away in Banos the things around me to finally put themselves under pressure to finally buy new ;-) The sales girl was only for the beautiful black and yellow shoes over $ 40, what then was a bit exaggerated and I negotiated the things down then at least still 28 dollars. We spent the evening in La Mariscal, the starting area of Quito, near Beer-pong and foosball, with Fabio and Hug's the kicker - Dream Team turned out and remained unbeaten on two evenings.
The next day bag and Lueku made a trip to the National Park which is nearby. Since Hug, Fabio and I still would rather see Switzerland and Chile, we stayed in the hostel and after a delicious breakfast (finally again gabs really fine Ruchbrot!) in a German guided by a cafe, we headed to the Teleferico. The cable car to a high of 3000 meters to over 4100 meters. Later I realized then that I was never a hoehergelegenen site. And the few hundred yards to a viewpoint but rather strenuous at this altitude.

After we had eaten the most expensive and pretty much the worst Salchipapas, we drove back down to Quito. In the way back in the cable car, we discovered a small valley below the theme park. Spontaneously, we went after arriving there. In addition to a roller coaster and other carnival-ride devices, it was a huge game room with video and other games, and below a real go-kart track! On the way there it started to rain, however, and the price of $ 5 for 5 minutes and no discounts for longer travel time, finally gave us on it.
rode a taxi back to the hostel we are waiting for the two hikers who emerged finally at about seven clock too. Then we went to eat in an Argentine restaurant. For Ecuadorian relations wars very expensive, but the filet mignon with vegetables Karfoffelstock and left for 9 dollars, seen and tasted delicious. Then we went a bit into the bars and let the evening end again at the kickers and Beer Pong. The next day we left Fabio then headed for home. We put up a chilly day and read to all and watching football and tennis. In the evening we went straight to the Argentines again around the corner and we wanted to bag & get something to smoke. Unfortunately, he got angry and ripped the nice lady sold him a piece of foam for $ 5 .... what you learn from this? Now Always examine what you want :-) Finally

was my departure from Panama. The squandered again tomorrow with football and tennis (keyword Isner-Mahut :-)) and again enjoyed the delicious breakfast at the German. Bag & went after breakfast quickly returned to the bank and when, he told us that were on the road next to our hostel went off grade two with knives on each other and the whole street was full of blood ..... not a great sight .. The .. three other left Quito by bus to Colombia, while I took a taxi to the airport. I had planned to check in early and then cozy before departure to check-Germany Ghana somewhere in the airport. Forget it. First I had to switch to a front of the check-in desk queue, it seemed sure good 40 minutes until it times an employee of Copa Airlines and then asked how many pieces of luggage each passenger they had to check. Then again half an hour at the check-in were determined in desk, interrupted by a civilian police officers stood in front of me suddenly and asked for the pass and I finally said I would have to come along for a Gepaeckkontrolle. Oh great .... After going through the contents of my backpack scans were also examined and had my shampoo and sunscreen thoroughly, the same policeman led me after all again at the head of the queue at the check-in desk. But that was not all. The lady at the check-in counter I wanted to know whether I have a return flight from Panama. I told her that I would fly to Panama on July 3, from Caracas. She turned but still not satisfied and wanted to know if I would have to Caracas from other flights. I was on the flight to Madrid on July 12, they asked me the reservation number, without this they could not check me. Slowly, I was a little annoyed. Why on God's will be of interest to a staff departure in Quito when I travel to Panama for where and before especially with what flight I fly out after my return from Panama, Venezuela? I did not get a satisfactory answer. had to be as I call Lueku, I of course my reservation data for a flight from Caracas to Madrid was present (who surprised there?) if I want to fly from Quito to Panama .... I finally reached after about half an hour somewhere Lueku sat on the bus and he could provide me with the appropriate data. Finally I got my boarding pass and I went as quickly as possible to passport control. Before the passport control was a nice gentleman in a gray suit and wanted to see my boarding pass and asked me if I had not paid schliessllich the airport tax. I replied that this is but usually when you post the flight pay. Not appear in Quito. I had to once again back in the check-in hall and there was a switch abzudruecken it to 40.80 U.S. dollars .... na toll .... Finally, I had yet done and the pass security checks and actually proceeded without further difficulties. In the departure hall, I could then the last half hour of Germany-Ghana can see, after all. :-) Jeanine wanted to pick me up after landing in Panama. Unfortunately, the bus from David at the moment where she was late and she did not know exactly when they would arrive. Once in Panama, was still inside the bus with Jeanine a flat tire and it still lost more time. I took a taxi to the center. Well that was me before what it said Jeanine ungefaher would cost, but the taxi driver demanded prompt first twice, but came quickly with the price down when I intervened enerigsch. But that would still three more people in the same taxi ride he said before me or were the Canadian Indians, who protested at first but then appeased when he told me that he would only others to deliver to their hotel and bring me then to the agreed meeting point would. Since I was in no hurry, I was clearly in agreement, although the 16 dollars I paid you are still needed, although the others had exactly the same pay much or probably more, were already a little sassy ... but whatever. The ride into town was quite an experience, it was just at dusk and the skyline of Panama City in which light was pretty impressive. The contrast between Wellblechhuetten a road next to the skyscrapers was impressive. In the city you barely have the feeling in a Latin American city to be, they could just as well somewhere in the U.S. lies. After I had unloaded the taxi driver at the meeting place, he pointed out to you that in this street "mucha chicas" would give a smile frivolous, finally, he gave me his card and gave me to call him when I say "any need something would" :-) After I had eaten something and Jeanine finally after an hour but still appeared ;-) we went looking for a hostel that a well-known in Panama City by Jeanine would lead. Unfortunately, he took the phone off and we were not wandering around after some also simply too tired (and I too sweaty, the difference was around 20 degrees made to Quito me to create something ;-) we finally went for 10 dollars in a hotel. The next day I showed Jean the sights of Panama City. First we took the taxi to the bus station, where we set our luggage and bought our bus tickets for the night bus to Almirantes from where the boat to Bocas del Toro where Jeanine lives leave at the moment. Then we moved to the famous Panama Canal. The Panama Canal connects the Pacific with the Caribbean Sea (Atlantic) and the cargo ships spared the long and dangerous detour around South America. On each side each bring three huge locks-sectors, the vessels to 28 meters above the sea. The locks connect several artificially created lakes on the mainland of Panama together. The size of these systems is already very impressive and the numbers, facts and more. The mindestgebuehr the Panama Canal locks, respectively the sixth amounts to use to $ 1,500 for the smallest ships and boats and can depending on the size of the transport ship to well over 150,000 U.S. dollars. had triggered the first phase alone, the French came (mainly from disease) is far more than 20,000 workers lost their lives, so that the building had to be stopped at all. (Around 1886) began to take over U.S. responsibility and built from 1903 to 1914 the Channel with the 6 lock sectors finished. Also in large losses for the workers. Even later, the Panama Canal, above all, in political Auseeinandersetzungen more deaths. For example, in 1964 as a civilian on ground of the Panama Canal penetrated and raised the flag of Panama. The U.S. soldiers then fired on the unarmed civilians and killed some of them. Only in 1999 gave the U.S. responsibility for the canal to Panama and moved all the troops from the canal. After the interesting visit to one of the most important waterway in the world we went back by taxi to the city. There it went to Casco Veijo, the old part of Panama City. The taxi driver was very talkative and told us on the ride as a lot about themselves and the city. We drove by less good areas of the city and the taxi driver showed us exactly in the area of his birth house, which lay directly in our path. In the old town at the moment everything is in flux. The run-down houses are hollowed out and renovated, the old city to create an even bigger tourist interest. That this practice is of course at the expense of poor people is, unfortunately, today, not only here everyday. The old people get a year's time to look for something else and move out, the newly renovated apartments they can then afford severally Of course, not rich people and take over the district "gentrification" in its blatant kind ... You feel as a tourist, then all of the beautifully renovated Houses look somehow almost guilty .... The city built directly on the sea certainly has its appeal, the contrasts in advance if you can look over from the old to the new part, stand in the way, many of the skyscrapers under construction for several years. Only when are sold on a stick, the apartments will be built further. The Kraehn of the skyscrapers are an integral part of the image of Panama.

After a stroll through the old town it went into a long shopping street. Unbelievable how many shops there were and how many goods were still sold at very reasonable prices there. Although the locals warn go there, but by the day, the area is quite safe and there is no problem, accordingly, we also had no problems. After a late lunch (and the first very good pasta on this trip at all ... al dente in America is unfortunately probably not a very common expression ;-)) and a fine white sangria is Jeanine left still cut fast for six dollars the hair and after a beer we went even to the bus terminal. The bus ride was relatively quiet and I slept surprisingly well. Only the Trade-Off involuntary pause in the middle of the night because our bus broke down, had not necessarily have to be. Otherwise it was but all in all very fast. And the road conditions are no match with Ecuador and Venezuela. Jeztz I'm so since last Friday in Bocas and I like it here very much. Jeanine on Saturday had already re- to David, because John so after his skateboard accident still needs care. But here you can even without the "Guide" entertaining and very well thanks to his cousin Jean who is also almost a "local" I have no problems here. Oh briefly on the situation: is Bocas del Toro is an island on the Caribbean side of Panama. So really it is a district of Panama's many islands includes. Colon and the island on which the district capital of Bocas del Toro is. All around there are several smaller islands are accessible by water taxis. Among the island Bastimentos on its own is only spoken on the island occurring language, a mix of English and English, the name of the language escapes me, all you can, after all not notice. Actually it was planned that this Tuesday I would go to David, but I have spontaneously decided to stay until tomorrow. Respectively, yesterday evening has decided for me :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment